1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle UCM (SE) Installation on a Laptop - Minimum

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by iakudi, Jan 18, 2010.

1. iakudi

iakudi Guest

I was wondering if someone could help me please. I tend to find that my laptop is continually filling up documents (mainly PDF, Word, Notepad, PPT etc) and I continually try to keep a structured file folder and organise these. But as the volume grows it become trickier and more difficult to find all the related documents. So based on some good advise I am hoping to install Oracle UCM SE on my laptop. Does someone have any instructions or ideas please to help me? I am not very technical but can follow written instructions.

As this is on a everyday laptop (4GB RAM and 300+ GB HDD) I want to try and keep my installations and therefore overhead at an absolute minimum, so questions I have include:

1) Instead of using an Oracle DB to store my documents can I use 10g DB XE or maybe create a flat file structure?
    2) Typically how much memory and CPU power will the completed installation use?
    3) Most importantly - is this REALLY worth doing or am I just wasting time.... I want a better way to manage my documents on my laptop without compromising its usability too much..

Any help will be greatly appreciated...