1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle UCM Metadata modelling design help

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by Suresh_eds, May 24, 2010.

1. Suresh_eds

Suresh_eds Guest

Hello Team,

First of all i want to say this is great forum, I read some very interesting articles here. Thanks for sharing.

We have a requirement where I need to store the content of a form with more than 150 fields, some of them will be in One- Many relationships.

We were wondering, if we should store all the fields in the UCM as metadata fields. or should we split the data into a custom oracle schema and UCM. Store most of the data in custom Oracle database and couple of metadata fields in the UCM.

Our search requirements are 2 types.

1) Retrieve 40 fields based on some complex query( Based on the one-many relation data structure).
    2) Retrieve 80 fields based on dates for reports.

The real challenge is the One-many relationship data in the Form. We would be grateful if somebody could through some light on this scenario.

Thanks,
    Suresh