1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle SQL and GMT AND TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ not working

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by smond, Sep 3, 2009.

1. smond

smond Active Member

Oracle SQL HELP with convert GMT to EST and DST and timezone_hour FROM TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ
    Hi, I have a query that does not seem to work trying to convert a date field that is in GMT to est and using extract(timezone_hour FROM TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ as an offsetr

HEre is my sql

dtl.start_dt_gmt + (extract(timezone_hour FROM TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ( dtl.start_dt_gmt,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS TZH:TZM'))/24 ) START_DT_Local

If the date (dtl.start_dt_gmt) is may 1 and gmt starts at 04:00 AM , the extract offset produces -4

However, if the date (dtl.start_dt_gmt) is Feb 1 which begins at 05:00 AM GMT, the date offset still gives 04. What am i doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Saul

2. sameer

sameer Forum Advisor

Your "sql" looks totally cryptic to me, perhaps you should post the proper query.

3. smond

smond Active Member

I have a Oracle Date column start_dt_gmt that stores a date in GMT time like 04:00 AM if May 1 or 05:00 AM if Feb 1 . I want select that column and use a date offset for EST so the value of the date will be 12:00 AM for May 1 or 12:00 AM for Feb 1 . However, I tried adding " + (extract(timezone_hour FROM TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ( start_dt_gmt,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS TZH:TZM'))/24 ) " and it works fine may 1 but not feb 1. Adding the date offset convert may 1 gmt time to 12:00 AM and for feb 1 , it convert to 1:00 AM which is wrong