1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Reports - Windows Client?

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by karlk, Mar 27, 2014.

1. karlk

karlk Guest

Dear Oracle-Community,

I am searching for an Windows Client for Oracle Reports to open generated Oracle Reports which are stored in the RDF file format.

So of course I visited the Oracle web pages of Oracle Forms and Reports (oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/reports/downloads/index.html) and downloaded the installation file for Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 (11.1.2.0.0). Before you can install Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 you need a Oracle WebLogic Server. An Oracle WebLogic Server is included in the Oracle Fusion Middleware, which I also downloaded from this Oracle website (oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/downloads/index.html) and installed it before I tried to install Oracle Forms and Reports. Unfortunately the installation of Oralce Forms and Reports failed, because a Domain couldn't be created.

So I couldn't installed Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 succesfully with an Oracle WebLogic Server, but need to open these existing Reports.

Do you know if there exists a standing alone Windows Client for Oracle Reports, which can be used to open Oracle Reports stored as RDF files? Or do you know some tools which can be used to convert Oracle Reports (RDF files) to for example XSL-FO?

Thanks alot for your help or any suggestions!

2. Kim Thomas

Kim Thomas Active Member

you can use XML publisher to convert RDF files to XSL-FO