1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Report alignment issue when called from unix enviornment causing compression

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by Narayanan S, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Narayanan S

Narayanan S Active Member

Hi All,

I had a requirement to create a new report which will be triggered from a unix shell script, the issue here is that though in report builder which is 6i version it is giving me exact output the actual report which will produce as a text file as attachment has the values compressed

such that it breaks into two lines when it has to print in same line and some values are overlapping.

Is it due to environment issue where report is developed in Windows but deployed in Unix!!!!
    I failed to find any answers
    Should I had developed over an existing report.

Can someone please guide/ help me as I am new to this part of the world of oracle.

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Re: Oracle Report alignment issue when called from unix enviornment causing compressi

You might want to double-check that the font set you used in the Report Development on the Windows environment actually exists in the Unix environment.

HTH

CJ

3. Narayanan S

Narayanan S Active Member

Re: Oracle Report alignment issue when called from unix enviornment causing compressi

Hi

Thank You for the suggestion, but now the alignment issue is re-occurring when I run the report over a data of say 90,000 or more records in such a way that the output is breaking and getting split into two different pages where in ideally it should be on the same page and space between each result is increasing.

Could you please guide me on this too.

example :

Report name Heading Date
    Heading 2................

Subheading1 Subheading1 Subheading1

------------------------------------------------------
    Data 1 Data 2 Data 3

Nextpage

Subtotal ----- ------

Grand Total ----- -----

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

That sounds an awful lot like a problem w/ the properties of the repeating frame.