1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Purchasing

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by suman, Nov 27, 2008.

1. suman

suman Active Member

Hi Sadik,

How are you??

I have got one issue related to Oracle Purchasing which is explained below:

How to restrict user from creating requisitions from purchasing responsibility (at responsibility level).
    User should be able to view and add items into cart but should not be able to create requisitions.
    This should be done at responsibility level.

I tried the solution given below but its not working for 11.5.10.2.

In 11.5.8, it is not possible to hide the link 'Go Shopping' using only menu/function exclusions. The only means to restrict users from entering requisitions is to exclude the following functions at
    responsibility level:

1. Express Checkout
    2. POR Power Checkout
    3. POR Standard Checkout

After excluding the functions, bounce the Apache server. The user will be limited to adding items to the shopping cart, querying requisitions, and execute receiving.

*I am using the 11.5.10.2 version of Oracle Apps.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Suman

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi suman, normally if i wanted to restrict a user from a particular functionality I would put it under menu exclusions. Alternately you may craete a new menu for the user responsibility.

If i was u, i would goto system administrator responsibility--> open the purchasing menu (find it by looking up the menu attached with the Purchasing responsibility) and lookup the function associated with creating requisitions. You need to then put that under menu exclusions at the responsibilty level.

3. suman

suman Active Member

Thanks Sadik..
    But I did the same thing whatever you have suggested and excluded some functions from
    System Administrator -->purchasing menu but its not working for the version 11.5.10.2,
    The functions that I excluded are as follows.

1. Express Checkout
    2. POR Power Checkout
    3. POR Standard Checkout

But its not working.

Could you please convey the functions that I should exclude from the Purchasing Resp menu to achieve the same.

4. Sadik

hi.. sorry i was out of office all day. Tell me which responsibility you are using? and which Menu. I presume you are using some of the seeded responsibilities and menu and not a custom one.

5. suman

suman Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Sorry for giving you late reply...

I am using the following responsibilities:
    1) Einkauf_Superuser
    2) iProc_Superuser

6. Sadik

y don't you try creating a new menu from scratch and then test by adding one function after another. In this way you will get a comprehensive idea of what each function does.