1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle project

Discussion in 'General' started by dinesh, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dinesh

dinesh Guest

i want to built a project using oracle.i have learnt oracle 10 g and oracle -introduction to sql/plsql.is this enough for me to do a project or i should know anything more in oracle please reply
  2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

HI dinesh, what are you implying by Oracle Project? Do you mean some freelancing job? If yes, it would depend on the requirement of the Project/Job itself. I would say most freelance jobs out there would want you to know some scripting language along with Oracle. But again, very dependent on the job itself.
  3. newbie_nz

newbie_nz Active Member

Hi Dinesh,

As mentioned in the previous response, it does depend a lot of what you are wanting to do. Learning PL/SQL only will give you some sort of junior developer role but probably mostly coding in PL/SQL only and if you are a newbie, they may find it hard doing the coding work if they want you to do packages etc. A newbie will normally be asked to debug and decode existing packages and procedures at most.

If you want to be a DBA more than a coder, then you definitely need to learn more than PL/SQL.

In 99% of project work, everyone involved are assumed to know what to do with task assigned to them and do them fast.

Personally, I find DBA work "easier" than a PL/SQL coder especially if you have to do Pro-C stuff and pragmas and packages and what other things there is. That is a personal opinion though. :)