1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Profit and Loss Statements Creation

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by Ada01, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Ada01

Ada01 Active Member

I want to set the stage here a little since this is an open ended question.

i spent the last five years in SAP creating reports and ad hoc reports native to the system via a Report Writer cunctionality - define the rows define the columns, make calcs, create special circumstances, etc and then the report was ready. The report went to a shared spot and anyone could get to it (with correct access rights).

Now, I am in the Oracle ERP and I need to do the same thing. I need to create saved reports in the system (very custom) that anyone can go to and get at. I am not sure where to even start and what resources i will need to get this done.

If it changes they answer the first batch of reports will be Actual vs. Last Yr vs. Budget reports with some calcs added to it for change and percent of change + the full current year in month by month format as teh last set of columns

Thanks for helping a new Oracle User get started

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Nice Stage... :)

Oracle is similar.

You will need to get familiar with a software called Oracle Report Builder. This is included within a set of tools called Oracle Developer Suite which you can download from Oracle's website.

I presume (and this is an assumption) that when you say Oracle ERP you mean Oracle E-Business Suite. You will need to get familiar with the table structure of Oracle Apps (as EBS is popularly called) before you can accomplish what you want. Developing custom reports in Apps is as easy or as hard as any other system, just familiarization is required.

You are welcome.

Ada01 likes this.
  3. Ada01

Ada01 Active Member

Is there and "end-all-be-all" training solution (book, class, DVD course) etc for these tools.

Thanks