1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Patch download

Discussion in 'General' started by Nishad, May 31, 2011.

1. Nishad

Nishad Active Member

Hi,

I am not sure whether this question can be asked in this forum. Please direct me if their is a more appropriate forum.

Where can I download the patches for Oracle software. There is no links available in the download center of Oracle Technology Center. When I tried the Oracle Support site, it insists on providing a Customer Support Identifier (CSI). it seems like I should be a customer of Oracle product to have a CSI.

What my belief is that all Oracle products / patches are free downloads to use it until it is not used for production deployment. Is this still true?

Again my primary question is: where can I find the software patches / earlier versions of oracle software for download.

Thanks in Advance
    Nishad

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Oracle software is free for download and use for non-production implementations. Patches are NOT free and require a valid CSI to obtain.

3. Nishad

Nishad Active Member

I think it is so weired. Having the policy of free software usage and not providing the patches. This will not help small scale / freelance developers. Is there any specific low cost program to help those community.

Thanks
    Nishad

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

The free software usage is for development and educational purposes only; no support is offered or supplied for such use. There is no 'low cost program' for support; you either pay for it or you don't. Patches are supplied as part of the support package; they are not free to download nor is anyone allowed to 'share' them with those who do not have a current support agreement.