1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Limitations

Discussion in 'General' started by AAR, Jun 8, 2009.

1. AAR

AAR Guest

Hello, I am very new to Oracle and there is so much to learn! I have read alot of information on the different applications of Oracle E-Business Suite and was wondering if there are any limitations to what Oracle can do?

Also, when implementing Oracle software and Suites, do you have any particular advise on how to ensure that business operations remain functional from an operational point of view?

Hope you can help, with kind regards

AAR.

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi AAR

interesting question actually. Oracle's E Business Suite is at the end of the day a piece of software. Oracle has incorporated the best practises for Business processes across industries and domains, so you can pretty much configure it for most standard business processes. However the bottom line for any ERP system will always be that "there has to be customization" If you want a software that can do everything exactly as your business functions, you should look at custom software and not an ERP system. The point of having an ERP system like Oracle E-Business Suite is that you should also be willing to consider process changes within your organization to match the best practise scenario provided by Oracle.

And secondly I am not sure what you mean by business operations remaining functional. Of course they do, why wouldn't they? Consider a process manufacturing plant, can they afford stopping production? of course not.