1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Installation

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by kimipatel, Oct 5, 2012.

1. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi,

While Oracle installation How do i set up table space? To better performance.At which point i should increase the SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameter?
    Can any one explain in detail which way to installation is best n what should i keep in mind while installation? How to set all environment to better speed?

Thanks.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Your question cannot be answered as you have provided absolutely no information on which to base an educated response. These would be easier questions to answer:

- I have a purple car. Are chickens necessary?
    - If I put oatmeal in my shoes?
    - Do these sox go with shrimp?

None of the above questions provide any useful information to base an answer on. Looking at your post:

"While Oracle installation How do i set up table space? " -- While the Oracle installation does what, exactly? The installation can create a database from provided templates but you don't do anything to modify that action. If you don't create a database from the template (install software only) then the installation creates nothing and you invoke DBCA to create a new database, at which time you CAN, provided you select the proper options, change settings. The database creation assistant then creates the tablespaces for you.

"To better performance." -- This makes no sense.

"At which point i should increase the SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameter?" -- Maybe never. This is not a parameter to simply toy with at your leisure. You need to read and understand the metrics involved in making such a decision and you don't have that level of expertise yet.

"Can any one explain in detail which way to installation is best n what should i keep in mind while installation?" -- It would be nice to use complete words in your sentences. The installer does the installation based on the values you supply -- ORACLE_HOME, SID, etc. -- so you do very little to control or change what it does.

"How to set all environment to better speed?" -- You have no speed before the installation so you need to build the database, test the database and collect metrics to see if there are problems affecting 'speed'. Collecting metrics isn't enough, as you also have to understand how they're taken and what, exactly, they mean. Only then can you honestly make any adjustments to the settings. Not every process will be fast, even in a perfectly tuned and configured database. That you must understand.

You need to post MUCH more information than you have -- which operating system are you using (yes, you posted this in Installation-Windows but people sometimes post to the wrong forum), which release of Oracle are you planning to install, which version of that release will you be using, will you be using local storage, network storage, ASM? is this a cluster database? As of now we have nothing to recommend to you because we don't have the information I've just requested.

3. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi,
    I am Using Window 7. I know this above Questions are not correct way. But when i am installing Ora 10g. So for better performance to i set all the path correct way. ANY way I got it all things. Thanks for your Suggestion..

Thanks.