1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Forms Version 10.1.2.3.0

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by gonuguntla27, Aug 3, 2014.

1. gonuguntla27

gonuguntla27 Active Member

Dear All,

I have created a form,
    In when when-button-pressed trigger I have small PL/SQL code

Select * from fngtech.biometric
    where To_Date(Datein,'DD/MM/YY')= To_Date:)FNG_LINEHR_HEADERS_ALL.Attendence_Date,'DD/MM/YY')
    And Length(EmployeeId) < 7;

In the above table Datein column property is varchar2(10). And I have a index on the column.

When in using the above statement, index is buy paasing and causing performace issue.

I tried to create function based index on the column, but it is not allowing me.

create index fngtech.biometric_n1 on fngtech.biometric(to_date(datein,'DD/MM/YY'));

FNG_LINEHR_HEADERS_ALL in this table "Attendence_Date' column is date format.

Please can any one help in this issue...

Thanks,
    Siva

2. gonuguntla27

Guys can any help me, it is bit urgent

3. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi,

As you have an index on biometric.datein (and it's a VARCHAR2(10)), why not use it by changing your select in the PL/SQL code as:

As you are converting and doing a to_date on the field :FNG_LINEHR_HEADERS_ALL.Attendence_Date, I suppose it's a character field.

However, I also see afterwards that:

So make sure that :FNG_LINEHR_HEADERS_ALL.Attendence_Date is a character [by doing a TO_CHAR(FNG_LINEHR_HEADERS_ALL.Attendence_Date, 'DD/MM/YY')] somewhere in your code or Forms.

gonuguntla27 likes this.
  4. gonuguntla27

Thanks you for your reply,

I have completed and it is working excellent.

Thanks,
    Siva