1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Forms Reports 11g Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by rainaankur92, Oct 4, 2012.

1. rainaankur92

rainaankur92 Guest

Please help :
    I've installed Oracle Forms and reports 11g r2 on my system. When I connect it to the database, it shows ORA-12154 : tns could not resolve connection identifier specified. Please help, how the tnsnames.ora & sqlnet.ora files in Middleware are to be configured. I simply copied the code from tnsnames.ora & sqlnet.ora in database to respective files in Middleware.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Once you finish your installation of forms and reports then go into that folder and in that search for network folder and in that you can find tnsnames.ora file. Place your tnsnames of your database there. By that you can access them.

How many oracle components do you have in your system like (sql, forms and reports, workflow like that). If you have many then you need to place the tnsnames in all of their tnsnames.ora file in network folder.

3. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

dear Bharat,i don't think so to place TNSNAMES in all your components as if you are trying to isntall Oracle 11g R2 in windows 7 then all you need is to provide authentication to windows user on all folder that are created in your home specially asinst_1 & oracle_common

all you need is to repalce you tnsnames in drive:\Oracle home folder\middleware\asinst_1 \cinfig\ while replacing tnsnames file there you can easily get connection to your databse

so far as concern with your error first you have to check whether your database link is up or not so first try to connect your database with SQL or any tool for SQL this helps you to check whether your databse is responding you or not

4. Bharat

I don't think we can see middleware named folder for forms and reports 11g after installation. Just we have the following path to place tnsnames for forms and reports to work

C:\DevSuiteHome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

Here in ADMIN folder we can see tnsnames.ora file. In this we need to place our tnsnames to work with our database through forms and reports.

5. salmankhalid

Dear Bharat
    Even i don't have this path on my system as i have am using Oracle 11G 64bit, might be possible you are right on my system configuration & information there is no path like the one you mentioned :(

6. Bharat

Hi salman,

Have you installed forms and reports 11g in your system?

7. salmankhalid

Yeah i have installed forms and reports 11g on my system :)

8. Bharat

Then how you set the tnsnames for that forms and reports to work?

9. salmankhalid

i just told you already in my above mentioned comment, there is no rocket science in it just copy your tnsname file to the path and for windows 7 you need authentication nothing else for that you have to give rights to everyone user on your ora home fodler as mentioned above

10. Bharat

Okay salman agreed. I haven't used windows 7 before. So Iam unaware of that. I have explained all about windows XP machine.

11. salmankhalid

But Bharat Sb. i don't agree with this as either on Windows 7 or on Windows XP ORacle directory structure will be same....

12. Bharat

I have installed forms and reports developer 10g and right now Iam using it in my windows XP machine.