1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Forms 6i maximum user ?

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by soushi01, Dec 5, 2013.

1. soushi01

soushi01 Active Member

Hi, Im newbie IT support

Currently my client still using oracle forms 6i client-base version. They are more than 130 user use it at same time.

Current situation is, example cashier. During peak hours , user need to wait around 30 sec then only can retrieve record and perform transaction. Each transaction need to complete it at least 15~20 minute per customer. When not peak hours (after working hours) , just need only less than 10 sec can retrieve record and perform transaction.

Need to confirm that is it forms especially client-base (not web-base ) got limited user ? :confused:
    For example : Those user who using oracle forms 6i not advise more than 50 user use it? :confused:
    Because the more user use it. System become hang.

In addition, the database which currently user use it also a lot data.

Any ideas ?

thanks

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

This could be almost anything. Is the system's server the client or is it individual PCs? What is the O/S on the system and patch level? How much memory is available to the server or PC? Is your environment still in a certified configuration? What version is the database? What was the configuration when you started as opposed to now? What has changed...Java perhaps?

CJ

3. soushi01

soushi01 Active Member

Hi, CJ

1)Is the system's server the client or is it individual PCs?
    * Is client individual pc connect to server.

2)What is the O/S on the system and patch level?
    Current server os is using windows server 2003, and client PC os still use windows XP ,
    and sorry i not understand patch level means?

3)What version is the database?
    Oracle 9i database.

4) What was the configuration when you started as opposed to now? What has changed...Java perhaps?
    * I didn't change anything in server.

thanks

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

You may not have changed anything on the server...that doesn't necessarily mean nothing has changed. Same goes for the network and each of the PCs.

You need to narrow the focus of the problem. Are ALL of the PCs of the same configuration? Is it possible to know the number of connections when the system starts slowing down? Is it gradual? Say 15 connections and the system purrs along, 35 and things are acceptable, 50 and now you notice long wait times. Or, everything is fine up to 100 connections but 101 and kaboom!

If the problem has been consistent (rather than just starting up) then it's most likely not the PC. You will need to check the network (routers, switches and the like) and you will need to ping the DBA and ask about the number of DB connections, the memory alloted, PGA/SGA size and so on. Your DBA might want to run a trace on one of the connections to see if it's actually spending a lot of time waiting for something...

HTH

CJ

soushi01 likes this.