1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle forms 11g Standalone application

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by krishprince, May 21, 2013.

1. krishprince

krishprince Active Member

hai,
    I need help in creating forms application which is like standalone application where it should be opened in web browser.
    please help.

thankyou

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Dude !!

U'd be needing ADF in case u're planning to build standalone Oracle Forms. Plz get the docs from Oracle Doc library or the documents section of this forum. U'll get pretty handy material.

But before that, temme whats the platform u're on? .. (Coz ADF is not supported by all the Oracle AS platforms)

Check out the Oracle's Certification & Release notes for the same.

krishprince likes this.
  3. krishprince

hi,

Thanks for your reply.

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

The question is not specific enough and the answer points you down a road you may not want to visit.

Oracle Forms and the Application Development Framework (ADF) are two very different technologies and require two very different tools. While you can create a 'Form' in either environment, the process for doing so is nowhere near the same.

If by 'Oracle Form' you actually mean the FMB/FMX type object then you need to pursue Oracle Forms 10g and/or 11g. If you want just a web-based form then you have J-Developer ADF or APEX to choose from. But it's hard to say exactly as the question encompasses a lot of territory.

HTH

CJ

5. krishprince

than you for the reply

hello sir,
    i need to develop oracle forms in FMB/FMX type object as you specified ,i have developed fmb/fmx forms in oracle 11g and which is web-based ,i need to develop standalone application using oracle forms and reports 11g.
    is it possible to create standalone application using oracle forms 11g or we need to use ADF.

thankyou

6. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hey !!

Whoa :eek: Hold on.

If u're refering to fmb then ADF is not the thing for u. And from what u explained, i'm a li'l worried u probably got the architecture wrong.

As u mentioned u've developed web-based fmb, So, we need to know on which platform u're working and where/how exactly u've deployed your form?
    Note: We generally go with ADF/APEX for standalone web-based apps

7. krishprince

hello sir,
    I have developed a simple form in oracle forms 11g in windows 7 i deployed fmb file .
    it is opened in web browser because it is web based [weblogicserver].
    but i need to open that fmx[that is after running the fmb file]as an application not in an web browser .can it be possible.
    thankyou
    regards
    krishnakumar

8. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

WebLogic Server should be picking up the FMX provided that it's sitting in the correct directory...which is based on the configuration. The FMB should only be on your Dev box and therefore, not in play.

One does not 'run' an FMB file. If you are double clicking the FMB for execution, what is happening is the Windows file association is opening the Forms tool to display the FMB...so what you're seeing is the Forms based web server displaying the form...which is not what you want. It appears that you have not set up the WebLogic server at all (a separate product).

HTH

CJ

9. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Krishna,

Can u elaborate a li'l more on this:
    I'm clear with the platform (current) but not with the platform/environment you're willing to run your form on.

10. krishprince

hi arijit,
    I have developed the forms and getting the form executed and output in display in web browser.
    but for me actually the output should not be in webbrowser and it should as an windows application standalone

11. krishprince

Well i have set up the weblogic server thats why i am gtting the output webbrowser and i need the output to be as windows application standalone

12. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Forms went to a Web only runtime format some time ago. You 'can' get some Forms versions to still run locally...but it's not supported and, frankly, it's a lot more work.

13. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Krishna,

Umm... Do you mean running the form output directly from your fmb in your form builder?
    Is that what u meant here? (If so, then this is only for development time right? It can't be running on Oracle AS env)

So u won't be getting the standard apps LAF and other features, and also may your form encounter a lots of exceptions on running (if you've built your form from template.fmb)

Plz clarify this.

14. krishprince

Thank you for you reply.