1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle EBS BOM Functionality

Discussion in 'General' started by kulasera, Apr 11, 2013.

1. kulasera

kulasera Active Member

Hi,
    I'm working for Inventory data development (engineering - PDM) for Oil and Gas Firm and I want to know how do we raise requisitions (material demand). In my previous company we use to have two options for BOM (save, save and release - this was in SAP environment) But in this Oracle EBS environment I can see only save, save and proceed where I am not sure the system has raised the demand internally. If so where do I find the demand for a project or organization ( I can able to see demand for a product but it does not satisfy the requirement) I need to get the total demand for a project or (ICC) category or organisation

Can any one help me on this regards
    Thanks
    Kulasera

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

U gotto run MRP to generate the demand for a Sales Order.

3. kulasera

kulasera Active Member

Thanks for the Reply Ari.
    Now I have few more Questions.

you said I need to Run MRP
    1. that means I don't need to release the BOM. you are telling that the effective date will considered to be release date.
    2. If so how do we track the revision status of the BOM
    3. hope I need to run " Item Supply/Demand " in MRP If so I can not able to run for a project or particular BOM or for an organization ( my requirement is always based on project)
    4. you mentioned about sales order... If so Do I need to prepare Sales order for the demand manually?

Please clarify the same.
    I appreciate your help in this regards
    Thanks
    Kulasera

4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Kulasera,

Whoa !! .. I apologize for the wrong interpretation of your first post.

My earlier reply was exclusively for SCM and not Project. If your intent for BOM was for Project then don't follow the earlier post. I'll shortly update a new one for Project Organization (as i only have info in bits n pieces).

5. kulasera

kulasera Active Member

Can anybody help me in this regards.
    your help is greatly appreciated

with regards
    Kulasera

6. shreya92

shreya92 Active Member

did you check out any company which provide oracle application services related solutions?
    i am in search of oracle application services by an company to an organization!