1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle EBS and Oracle UCM integration

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by guptaashu81, Feb 18, 2011.

1. guptaashu81

guptaashu81 Active Member

Oracle UCM10gr3 and Oracle UCM11g both can be intergrated with Oracle ECM12i ?
    Whats the software and hardware requirement for the same?
    Do we have any viewlet which show the integration between the two and what all different modules of EBS can communicate with Oracle UCM?
    How EBS User security can be mapped with UCM 10g and UCM 11g Security model seamlessly.
    How the EBS resposibilties can be mapped with UCM security?
    We can implement the same with the help of UCM accounts but what if there will be responsibilities change in EBS .
    Can we integrated common MSAD with EBS and UCM and implement SSO too.
    Any Document on the same.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

3. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Does the integration of UCM with EBS work both ways? I mean the document says that I can show UCM documents as an attachment in EBS. But is it possible to show the EBS gererated documents/reports in UCM?

I appreciate a quick reply on this.
    Thanks...

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I have personally not tested the adapter, but it "seems" it should have the capability to store EBS generated docs in UCM. This would be an ideal question to ask for Oracle Support and I am curious myself. We were about to implement the adapter for one particular client however the license cost of the adapter itself proved prohibitive.

tejalmistry likes this.
  5. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me which adapter you are talking about? When I initiated the discussion with the Sales and Productions team that time they told me that I can use the adapter directly without the need of purchasing it.
    Also I would like to have a link or guide for complete step by step updgradation of UCM.

Regards,
    Tejal

6. markH

markH Forum Advisor

He is talking about the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter for Enterprise Content Management. You can find more information on the page I have linked to.

Oracle licenses are again variable depending on what Oracle has bundles together for the respective client and also region dependent. I am not sure whether the adapter is separately licensed or not, but if Oracle Sales tells you can use it freely, than that's the final word.

tejalmistry likes this.