1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle eAM Suppressions and PM Schedule "Base Meter"

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Peter G, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Peter G

Peter G Active Member

Hi everyone, I am very new to ORACLE eAM.
    We are using Company Manuals for PM Planning, which states

"That activity suppressions are limited to asset activities on the same asset level. i.e an activity associated to a Parent cannot suppress an activity associated to a child asset"

Is this true?

Also I cannot determine the relationship between PM Schedule and Base Meter.
    i.e if we use a source meter as PM Schedule "Base Meter", does the schedule still utilse/recognise the "child" meters that are asscoiated with other activities within the schedule

Is it neccessary to set-up schedule for every meter

I have attached a worksheet which explains my objectives and assumptions.

If anyone would like to set me straight, that would be greatly appreciated

thanx
    Peter G

Attached Files:

2. prashant

prashant Forum Advisor

Hi Peter,

You need to post this query in the right forum section(e.g. Oracle Applications-> General).

This will maximise chances of getting response from the experts.

Best Regards,
    Prashant

3. arul2k

arul2k Active Member

Hi Peter,

Each asset number wheteher it may be parent or child for the same activities schedules need to be created.
    a) Based on the effective dates suppression need to be set whatever the case may be either parent or child asset.
    b) Work order gets created for the schedule dates which ever comes first either based on effective date nor Base meters.
    c) taking into consideration you can run the forecast based on the horizon days set while running the forecast.Also,you can directly generate work orders after suppression of activity and run the programme for the selected periods.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,
    Arul