1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Purchasing Module

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by alconx, Dec 7, 2009.

1. alconx

alconx Active Member

Hai all,

First of all, I want to say sorry if my article is placed in unproper place. Just Newbie.

Okay, now I'm making little experiment with Purchasing module. bcause I plan to use it as my undergraduate final project.

I want to ask several questions. hopefully someone can kindly answer them.

1. As I read from Oracle Purchasing "Student Guide volume 2" Oracle purchasing fundamental is starting from Requisition -> RFQ -> Quotation -> Purchase Order. So if one of department (ex: Inventory department) in my company want to buy things, this department has to make Internal PO (Requisition) to purchasing department, and after that the purchasing department make RFQ to many approved suppliers. then the suppliers will answer the RFQ with Quote. and finally, we (as the buyer in purchasing department) will choose the best supplier manually and make the PO..
    Is that true??

2. From Requisition to PO, according to manual guide. I can make PO automatically with AUTOCREATE by enable the "PO : Automatic Document Sourcing profile" in System Administrator Responsibility. But in my case, I Can't enable "PO : Automatic Document Sourcing profile" in System Administrator Responsibility.
    Anyone can Help me?.

Thx

2. alconx

alconx Active Member

Anyone kindly answer my thread..
    Really need input.
    Thx..

3. appsmanju

appsmanju Active Member

ya 1st one is correct but the 2nd question i didnt get,can you still elobarate.