1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle discoverer Doubts

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by vamsioracle, Apr 29, 2009.

1. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi All

I have a few doubts, in Oracle Discoverer Reports.

1.) we have a report with a parameter and the For Item is retrieving values for that parameter. Is it possible to restrict the values. I mean can we put a condition for the values to be retrieved. Say for example, the parameter is empno. I don't want to have the numbers whose salary is less than 2000. Is it possible

2.) I have a parameter where we enter the hire date. Is it possible to attach a calender there and asking the end user to select the date from it.

3.) We have the option of selecting multiple values for a parameter, by clicking the check boxes. Instead can i implement CTRL key to select multiple values.

vamsi

2. malli_18arjun

malli_18arjun Active Member

Hi vamsi,

1.Yes,it is possible to restrict the parameter values.
    step 1:create a custom folder with required condition.
    step2:Create an Item Class for that Custom Folder and the column which used as parameter

2.In Discoverer Desktop there is no possibility,but in Discoverer Plus we can add calendar

3.We doesnt have an option to implement such in Present discoverer 10g ,but in future version it may possible

Hope this helps u :)

Mallikarjun

vamsioracle likes this.
  3. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

If i change the name of the report in desktp, is it reflected in viewer. I have changed the name in desktop but the report name in viewer is the old one itself. do i need to register again.

If i do some changes in the report from my account, will the end users see the changes when they run the report. My client has created a dummy account for me and i amusing that to make the changes. But they complain that they cannot notice any change. How to solve this

4. ranjithkeral

ranjithkeral Active Member

Ans for Q1 :

It is very easy to put conditions in the discover report
    From desktop Edition you can just go to
    Tool>condition

then you can put all your necessary conditions here.

Ans for Q2 :

Attaching Calander in Discoverer Desktop is not possible

Ans for Q3 :

Not Possible