1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Discoverer 11G export limitations for text files

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by DaveJ, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DaveJ

DaveJ Active Member

I am wondering what the limitation is for exporting Oracle Discoverer 11g data into a text file. I have experience with older versions of Discoverer but not with 11g. Also, should I be concerned with using Oracle Discoverer 11g to export my query results as I have been told that this tool is not meant to perform this function.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Dave,

Which version of Discoverer you are using and to which type of document you are trying to export?

3. DaveJ

DaveJ Active Member

Hi Bharat,

Historically I have used Discoverer 3.1 or 4.1 but the latest version is being considered in my new job. I would be running a query and then exporting the results as a text file. I have done this with the older versions but I have not yet used the BI version of Discoverer so I am not sure if there are any limitations in the way of data size for exporting.

Cheers
    Dave

4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Have you tried in latest version with text file type exporting and faced any problem there?

Hope we have identified Problem with Excel sheet exporting that too based on Number of lines to be exported.

5. DaveJ

DaveJ Active Member

I have not tried it in the new version yet. I was just wondering if others have had issues exporting data as a text file from Discoverer. This was never a problem in the older version that I used but I was wondering if anything has changed that might make this difficult. The ability to export the data as a text file is a need for me so that is my reason for asking. I am not sure when I am getting access to Discoverer so I am unable to test it.