1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Developer Suite 10g cannot be installed into existing Oracle Home

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by ericzutter, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ericzutter

ericzutter Active Member

I downloaded the latest Oracle versions for studying. (I don't have a metalink account because I am actually not working)

I want to install Oracle Database 11g + Oracle Developer Suite 10g on the same Windows XP Desktop. I did the following steps :

- Install Oracle Database 11g in ORACLE_HOME "C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1".
    - Create a database DEV
    - Startup database DEV, listener and configure sqlnet.ora+tnsnames.ora
    - Connect to the database with sqlplus system@dev => connection succeeded
    - Install Oracle Developer Suite 10g in ORACLE_HOME "c:\oracle\product\DevSuiteHome_1" and choose Installation Type "Complete (1.13 GB)"

When I install Oracle Developer Suite 10g I receive the following error:

Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) cannot be installed into existing Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home.

I don't understand why I receive this error. Oracle Developer Suite creates a separate Oracle Home, so I don't understand why the error says that it tries to install into an existing Oracle Home.

What must I do to solve this problem?

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Well there is not much not to understand. This says very clearly that Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) cannot be installed into existing Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home. You need to make a new Oracle Home for Developer Suite. In other words try installing in a different folder and give a different name to Oracle Home during the installation of Developer Suite 10g.

3. ericzutter

ericzutter Active Member

I tried to install to a different folder as you suggested "c:\DevSuiteHome2". But I am still receiving the same error.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

4. ericzutter

ericzutter Active Member

help anyone?