1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Desktop Discoverer Console Issue

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by thomas_hobbs, Mar 31, 2009.

1. thomas_hobbs

thomas_hobbs Active Member

Hey i am a ICT Tech
    Basicly i have a user that every time he opens a new instance of Oracle Desktop Discoverer (ADI) it will open a console window. This console window will display nothing and also is dependt on the main window (If either the main Oracle Desktop Discoverer (ADI) window or the console window is closed the other will close)

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

hmmm do u mean that it opens the Java console window?

To hide the Discoverer Plus Java console you do the following:

Windows Start > Control Panel > Java Plug-in > Basic Tab > Select 'Hide Console'

Close all your browsers sessions and reconnect to Discoverer Plus. The Java Console will not open now.

3. thomas_hobbs

Thank You for your reply

i do not think it is the java console as in the JInitiator setting the 'show console' box is not checked and also in the java settings the 'Hide Console' option is selected

4. imsean

imsean Active Member

When you say that it's opening a console window, is it happening only for this user on one particular pc or is it happening on other pc's as well?

5. thomas_hobbs

Just the one user,
    Only know of this happening once before and the tech ended up rebuilding his machine which is a long process

6. imsean

imsean Active Member

in that case it might be some problem specific with that user's machine. You should try uninstalling and re-installing discoverer on this user's machine

7. thomas_hobbs

funny you should say that i have just uninstalled and reinstalled a slightly older version (0.0.0.1 difference) but the problem still persists

8. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

then this seems like a problem with JRE on the user's machine, not sure though. Tell me is the user able to open and query worksheets?

9. thomas_hobbs

The user is able to work as normal the only problem is that this console screen is there not doing anything but is there every time they open an instance of discoverer (they sometimes have more than one instance of the program running)

10. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

in that case it sure is some thing with the JRE on this machine, try uninstalling and re-installing the latest Java runtime... also double check the hide console setting

11. parthiban

parthiban Guest

Hi,

Hey i am a ICT Tech
    Basicly i have a user that every time he opens a new instance of Oracle Desktop Discoverer (ADI) it will open a console window. This console window will display nothing and also is dependt on the main window (If either the main Oracle Desktop Discoverer (ADI) window or the console window is closed the other will close)

I am facing the same issue as stated above you have any update.

12. Scampbell

Scampbell Guest

I have a user that also gets the Consule window every time Discoverer is opened.
    Did the uninstall/re-install of Java runtime work?
    Thanks!

13. PTNguyen

PTNguyen Guest

Change system registry "DCMConsole Visible" to 0. Here is the registry path
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Oracle\Discovere 10\Debug
    Cheers

Sadik likes this.