1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle dba

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by amitt.rawat, May 11, 2010.

1. amitt.rawat

amitt.rawat Active Member

i am a fresher....and i have a oracle certifiction (OCP).bt i do not find job in this field....i know job for fresher is difficult.bt can any company can provide job as trainee......plz help me....(Amiit Rawat)

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

OCP was originally designed to validlate the years of experience for working Oracle database professionals; it wasn't designed to be an entry point for inexperienced workers who aspire to be a DBA. Of course now it's not much more than a testing ground for how much Oracle information one can memorize. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, usually, hiring managers aren't looking for OCPs as they want seasoned, experienced professionals with years of experience. Databases today contain sensitive, business critical information not to be left in the hands of the inexperienced. One mistake due to inexperience can cost a company a good share of business, and that is not a risk most companies are willing to take to give an 'OCP' with absolutely no experience a chance.

I wish you well in your job search; please realize that it may take a while to find a position.

3. amitt.rawat

amitt.rawat Active Member

thanks for responding....bt i want know?how would i start in this feild.......(Amit Rawat)

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Rather old marketing material since 11gR2 is released and 10g is on its last legs. The point about new features does apply to any new release of Oracle so that is valid commentary.

It would have been nice to have recent marketing blurb, though.

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

lol... :)

I wonder what the purpose of the poster was!