1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle DBA certification

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by pradeep84, Dec 14, 2008.

1. pradeep84

pradeep84 Active Member

hi experts, i have a question. How important is it to have an oracle DBA certification if i am already in a job where i am doing dba work.

ok and, can the exams be given online and is there any place where I can download or find some sample exams before i go ahead with the real thing? I would love to hear from people who have some experience in this... thanks

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Let me ask you a question in return. How much tastier is ice-cream if i am already eating dessert?!

:) pardon my sense of humour, but you have really asked a very generic question. Of course getting oracle certified is a very important milestone and if you are already a dba, then it will make u stand apart from the crowd

Yes most of the exams are available online

Try the links below:

http://www.transcender.com/demos/#Oracle

http://www.selftestsoftware.com/product.aspx?product_id=1Z0-051

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Regarding how important is it to have an oracle dba certification, ask yourself this question

Will your current or future employer use certification as a means to screen candidates for positions or reward existing candidates through financial increase or promotions?

If the answer is NO, then it's probably not important for u, else it is!

4. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

Hmm...
    Well i am working as an Oracle DBA past eight years and have still not done any certification.Till now none of my employers have asked me for it also. Certification does not really matters if you are already working in the same field for quite a few years and have proved your ground.
    The other side of the coin is that.....
    I have plan to do OCM, and for that, i need to do OCP (one of the presequisites).....but first let me complete my 10 years as Oracle DBA
    :D
    cheers

5. pradeep84

pradeep84 Active Member

hmmm, after reading your posts and after much thought and several discussions i have decided that since i am already learning my skills at being a dba, i will let certification a miss untill appropriate time or "need" arises...

perhaps for someone wanting to get a job that i am already doing, certification would help more

6. smith31

smith31 Active Member

Well, good decision.