1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle DBA – Full-Time Permanent Position San Francisco, CA

Discussion in 'Jobs Board' started by lsimonds, Dec 12, 2013.

1. lsimonds

lsimonds Active Member

About the Job:
    • 3 Terabytes of redo log per day. 36,000 database transactions per second. 66,000 iops per second. Sound like fun?
    • We are the largest social site on the Internet powered by ORACLE. If you are an ORACLE pro that wants to work in a progressive, profitable site we are simply the best place to do it.
    • We’ve developed a scale out design that allows us to run servers at a very high utilization rate with heavy read/write load. If you work here you’ll not only learn this, but drive additional innovations that will vault you to the leading edge.
    • We have a team environment here and DBAs are an integral part of the team. You’ll regularly interact with world class software engineers and you'll learn from each other.
    • We’ll give you as much responsibility as you can take and more autonomy than you can imagine.
    • We are looking for someone with innate problem solving and problem avoiding DNA and we’ll provide a large scale environment where you can learn and shine.

Requirements:
    • Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Oracle DBA (10G+) in a UNIX environment (Linux Preferred)
    • You’ve been a DBA before, like it and are fired up to work in a challenging environment where you can learn more.
    • You know your SQL and PLSQL well
    • You've used (if not mastered) many of the following: RMAN, Shell Scripting, Enterprise Manager/Grid Control, ASM
    • You get that as part of a small, lean team you’ll have to provide some off-hours and on-call support.
    • You’re happy work on schema changes, database software patches and upgrades
    • 3-7 years’ experience
    • Experience with database installation, configuration and tunning

* Please send your resume and contact information to lsimonds@itcosolutions.com

2. mail2chandanbose

mail2chandanbose Active Member

Hi,

MY name is Chandan Bose. I have total 8yr of Experience as oracle DBA.
    I am ready to relocate and ready to accept any challenges which you have mentioned in the requirement.

My email id is mail2chandanbose@gmail.com. and my phone no is +919932665733.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,
    Chandan