1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Database Installation

Discussion in 'General' started by zabidin2, Mar 10, 2009.

1. zabidin2

zabidin2 Active Member

Hi,

I have task that i need to complete today. I have to install database 10g into my new db server. I never install it, this is the first time. So my question is:

1. What i need to install 1st?

2. What step i need to do?

3. What is the patches i need to patch?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Banie

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

You mean you need to install Oracle database 10g and not the client? If it's the actual database software, first step is of course to download Oracle database from Oracle's website.

Which brings us to what system do you want to install on? Is it Windows? (XP? Server 2003?) or Linux or Solaris? You need to download the oracle database according to your Os.

The steps would be according to which system you want to install on. For Windows based machines it's fairly simple just like installing any other software.

You should download the latest 10g version, in which case you won't have to patch anything.

Regards

3. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

Are you sure about this ?

I think at first you need to install the base version ,i.e., 10.2.0.1.0 and then install the latest patchset ( 10.2.0.6.0, i think)

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Sorry my mistake, it's a long while since I installed Oracle database. I presumed the latest version might be available to download. :(