1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Career

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by rdb, Jan 3, 2014.

1. rdb

rdb Active Member

Hi
    I am 37 yrs old man from Calcutta,India. I am presently jobless for 3 years. I was earlier working in pharma sales as an MR. I left the line because I dont want to work outdoors anymore plus I think I made a wrong career choice & i was really dissatisfied with the job profile and job-satisfaction was not there .
    I seek your advice if starting to learn Oracle at this age will be good or not? Can I get a decent job after doing Oracle certification?
    Which is the best place to learn in kolkata? How is SQL star Kolkata?

2. johnchennai

johnchennai Active Member

yes, there is no age limit for oracle developer, still you can study and get job. it is easy, just study oracle pl/sql and put experience for 3 years.

3. espee29

espee29 Active Member

Hi! There are people from different backgrounds working successfully in this area. It is the best time to commence a career in Oracle. You can also go to Palium Software (an Oracle Partner) which has IT experienced trainers conducting these courses. They have small batch sizes and give personal attention to your career requirements.

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I suppose in your market (India) Oracle certifications are worth more than they are here (U.S.) -- I cannot recommend relying on Oracle certifications to get someone a job since they are not worth the paper they are printed on, again that's here in the U.S. Also do NOT use any of the so-called 'Exam Cram' materials such as brain dumps and the like as Oracle considers that cheating and will revoke certifications attained from using those materials.

If you are going to certify do yourself a huge favor and actually use/play with the product at home. It may not be actual work experience but you will gain a great deal more from your courses by doing so. Visit various Oracle forums and, as your studies progress, investigate and attempt to solve some of the problems posted. This will help develop problem solving skills which you will need in the workplace. Read this post to get an idea of how to go about problem solving:

http://dfitzjarrell.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/thats-your-problem/

I applaud you for knowing your previous career path was not satisfying to you and for wanting to change. Oracle is a good area to enter but it does take work and time; your investment in both will reward you later on.