1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Best Practice - ???

Discussion in 'General' started by newbie_nz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. newbie_nz

newbie_nz Active Member

Hi,

Lately, my company is so getting very obsessed with best practice for UNIX, best pratice for Windows, best practice for SQLServer etc.

Is there such a thing as an Oracle Best Practice document somewhere? I suppose I can start one up but just in case someone know of any such existing document already somewhere.

In some cases, I know best practice cannot be implemented because customers do not want to spend money ... :roll:

What my "boss" is after is something where Oracle said USED THIS. Similar to when Microsoft had deployed a best practice analyzer problem that you can run on a SQLServer install and it will give a report that says, this is better, this is good etc., etc.

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hmmm there is no such software or programme along the lines of SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer in Oracle. Of course there are Oracle guides and performance tuning guides available but i suspect you are not looking in that direction.

If your boss is so adamant about how to design your oracle database, why not hire Oracle consultancy to do the job. ;)

3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Or are you looking for Best practices at coding level ?
    Here is One Book

Even Some Third Party GUIs provided such add-ons.