1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle apps technical career

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by omni, Jul 28, 2012.

1. omni

omni Active Member

Hi all,

I'm contemplating switching career.I come from Indian Air Force background in core electrical field & i seek a career in IT field. I chanced upon your this nice forum. Could you please tell me how to plan for a Oracle apps technical career especially for a person from non-IT background.
    what are the pre-requisites for taking up the Oracle Apps Technical R12 course? Can u suggest, what all are the technologies to get trained on prior to taking up the course? Pls reply. Thanks.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Omni,

You need to have a good knowledge of SQL and PL SQL. Then Forms and Reports. Since you come from a Non-IT Background, you should know what your strengths were before you joined the airforce, Commerce? Mathematics? Aptitude for Programming?

Its a oversaturated field. So before you take a plunge you will do well to analyze and go for the best bet. With the Oracle Cloud looming overhead, its a matter of time before a major churn happens on the demand and supply equations and dynamics in the field of Oracle ERP. Hence any decision you take should be thought out and planned well so that you avoid the prospects of wasting time without the due returns.
    Ramji

omni likes this.
  3. omni

omni Active Member

Hi Ramji,

Thanks for the reply.
    I do have an aptitude for programming.
    I appreciate your foresight and analysis.
    what can i do in this scenario? , I want to make my career in IT. Are there any alternative career options within IT for a non-IT background person?
    Any guidance on career planning in IT for me, is most welcome.
    Thanks.

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Omni,

35 is too early to retire. Kindly pm me your Academic credentials. I shall do my best to suggest a few value propositions. I forsee a period of tremendous churn on the Oracle Tech field. The Oracle Cloud is a reality. Its going to change the way we work significantly in time. Hence my concern is to keep all options open when you opt for a switch rather find yourself confined to a corner with no escape route should the market forces conspire against you in the days ahead.
    Best Regards,
    ramji

omni likes this.
  5. omni

omni Active Member

Dear Ramji,

Thanks a ton for the prompt reply.

6. omni

omni Active Member

Dear Ramji,

Thanks a ton for the prompt reply.

7. omni