1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle Apps Password Encryption

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by graham_edgson, Jun 10, 2009.

1. graham_edgson

graham_edgson Active Member

I am building a form to use in Oracle Apps. It requires that the user gets his supervisor's permission to run a transaction. The supervisor has to enter his username and password.

I want to encrypt the password so that I can compare it to the encrypted password in the FND_USER table for the supervisor's username

Is there a standard function to do this?

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

i think oracle's passwords are encrypted by the standard MD5 algorithm, i don't think you can reverse engineer an MD5 encrypted password.

Coming to think about it why do you want to do it this way. Since this custom form is to be used in oracle apps why not restrict access by responsibility and if required try to use some requisition system.

3. graham_edgson

graham_edgson Active Member

Thaks for your thought, I don'd want to decrypt an encrypted password, I just want to encrypt the supervisors entered password, if it is the same as the supervisors encrypted password in FND_USER then I will allow the user to continue with the process as he has his supervisor's permission.

Regards
    Graham Edgson