1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle applications define recurring transfer

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by juan, Nov 26, 2008.

1. juan

juan Active Member

hi, can someone explain to me a little more about recurring journal transfers? i am learning oracle financials and i cannot understand the recurring journal transfer feature.
  2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi... thanks for asking but what you are looking for is clearly defined in the user manuals. Anyways,

A recurring journal (also known as recurring formula) is a journal entry you define once and then, at your request, General Ledger repeats the journal entry for you each accounting period. You use recurring journal entries to define automatic consolidating and eliminating entries. Also known as recurring formula.

Ideally you should define recurring journal formulas for transactions with common format those transactions that you enter frequently. Also allocation entries can be created through recurring journal formulas.

Basically there are three types of journal entries for which you may use recurring journals
    1. Skeleton entries that affect the same accounts in each period, but they have different posting amounts.
    2. Standard recurring journal entries that use the same accounts and amounts each period.
    3. Formula entries that use formulas to calculate journal amounts varying from
    4. period to period.

Hope this helped.. cheers :D
  3. jamescliff

jamescliff Active Member

Great information 