1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle and Tibco

Discussion in 'General' started by chaits, Jan 3, 2010.

1. chaits

chaits Guest

I am a tibco BW developer and I ma trying to install Oracle 10g XE and use it in tibco environment

I used to work on data grapes earlier and I am relatively new to Oracle

I have installed the 10 g XE and I have used the port 8081

I have created a db in the 10 g XE . But I dont know how to check whether the port that I have created is listening or not ?

Please tell me how to activate the port if its not active and also how to check the status of the port

Can someone put some light on TNSping and also tell me what are the entries to be done in TNSnames.ora ?
  2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Aurora, CO
    How did you 'create' thsi port? You should be configurnig a listener.ora file to allow your local listener to 'listen' for requests on the desired port for the intended database. Once that's done you configure your tnsnames.ora file to 'point to' that listener entry. Such listener.ora entries referencoe the hostname, the ORACLE_SID and the port; by default the ports are 1521 and 1526 so if you want to use 8081 you need to explicitly configure that in your listener.ora file. You then attempt to start the listener to see if you have any errors in your configuration using

lsnrctl start

from the operating system command prompt.

Tnsping checks the validity of your tnsnames.ora entries by attempting to resolve the alias configuration to an existing listener on the desired server; it does NOT try to connect to the database so it won't verify if that database is actually running.