1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle 9i client to server connection problem in vmware guests in win 7.

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by rahulvishwakarma, Jul 18, 2014.

1. rahulvishwakarma

rahulvishwakarma Active Member

hi to all,
    I have dual boot PC. One is Windows 7 ultimate and another is centos 6.4 linux.
    Windows having two VMs on VMware Workstation 10.0. Both VMs are WinXp SP3 as guest OS.
    Then I installed oracle 9i server in one and client in second. Both were pinging to each other and also oracle 9i server was
    properly responding to client's query. After installation of oracle 9i server and oracle 9i client I changed name of both computer
    to oracle9i-server and oracle9i-client. So what should I do to take effect on oracle 9i server and client. Unfortunately in centos linux
    I opened those winxp VMs in vmware 10.0 and trying to connect oracle 9i client to oracle 9i server and failed.
    Now in Win 7 host, on winXP guests, oracle 9i server and oracle 9i client are not connecting to each other, error is :-

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

This error is appearing in both centos linux host and win 7 host.

Is it possible to connecting client to server in both individual hosts.

what should I do for this connection problem. Please guide me.