1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle 9i and 11g installation on single machine problem in dbca

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by vks0982, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vks0982

vks0982 Guest

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem, I installed 9i and 11g on same machine whiche is runng windows server 2003 service pack 2. I set ORACLE_HOME and PATH of both versions different
    and both are installed properly. But when i try to create new database using oracle 9i DBCA after reaching step 8 DBCA becomes unresponsive whereas i am able to create new database using Oracle 11g DBCA. After searhing the entier net i am not able to trubleshoot the problem.Moreover in both version i am able to access using CMD and i got the connectivity.

I configure the listener for both on different port but when i run oracle 9i the screen shows first connectivity of oracle 11g sql* plus after that it is going to connect to oracle 9i this is my second issue.

My system is having 1GB of RAM

Please guys take this problem on high priority.

Thanks in advance.
  2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Aurora, CO
    Having two different releases of Oracle installed on the same machine used to configure the Oracle Home Selector which would allow you to change Oracle home settings in the environment and in the registry. My guess is even though your environment allows you to connect properly the registry settings are pointing to the 11g home. Check for the home selector under Start->All Programs; it should be under one of the Oracle entries.

Please remember this is a help forum, not paid Oracle support and your request for 'high priority' cannot be honored as all who help here are volunteers providing assistance on their spare time.