1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle 11i Inventory- how configure single item with two values

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by zahmad, Jul 27, 2009.

1. zahmad

zahmad Active Member

hi,
    I want to configure a Stock Item with two different values.
    Can any body guide how it could be?
    e.g.
    StockItem: 001-001-001
    Quantity1 = 2 UnitCost=100 (New items)
    Quantity2 = 1 UnitCost=10 (repaired items)

regards

zahmad

2. juan

juan Active Member

what you mean? You are defining an item in Master Items form and want to set two different list price?

I think when asking a question about Oracle Apps, one should always mention in which module and which form one is trying to work.

3. zahmad

zahmad Active Member

thanks for reply.
    I am new to this forum,so might missed something.
    You understand well, using Inventory Master/Organization Item form and want to have different quantity with different unit cost (Average method) as explained in example.
    regards

4. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi i don't understand where or why you are trying to enter Quantity in Master Items. I am assuming you are trying to define a stock item, which will be subsequently used in a purchase order etc. In the master items the unit price is just a base reference price. Wherever you will use this item you can specify different quantity or price.

And i very strongly recommend reading the user manual. Or at least the tutor documents if you have metalink access.

5. bmaree

bmaree Guest

Create different Subinventories for the item, e.g New = New item and Refurb = Refurbished item, each with a different locator