1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ORACLE 11g 1Z0-051 Certification

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by saurabhberiwal, May 3, 2012.

1. Hello everyone ,

I am preparing for ORACLE 11g 1Z0-051 Certification , Please let me know which book i should refer .

Thank you

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi saurabh,

You can prepare SQL concepts from Oracle 11g Complete Reference. This book was really helpful with examples and in understandable way.

3. vichale

vichale Active Member

I passed my Oracle 11g 051 test with the help of books and online study materials,it helped me a lot for my passing.I believe if you can take proper study,you can pass too.

Good luck for you.

4. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

5. I passed oracle exam and i did preparation from shopexams.com they provide complete and comprehensive solution.

6. docora

docora Active Member

Osborne ORACLE Press Series and Sybase books are best for preparing Oracle certification exams. Do some good practice too because SQL exam will be easy to clear if you made good practical hands on.

Thanks and regards,
    Rajiv

7. vijeta

vijeta Active Member

Hi, I am preparing for 1Z0-051 test, please suggest which books and online study materials u have referred to clear your 1Z0-051 exam.

Regards,
    Vijeta

8. Bharat

For learning all concepts of Oracle sql please go through Oracle 11g Complete Reference. That will guide you all the concepts with examples.

9. vijeta

vijeta Active Member

Hi Bharat,
    Thanx for reply. I have also few questions like,
    1. what is the difference between 1z0-047 & 1z0-051? like both are valid for 1st step of OCA exam for DBA and PL/SQL developer so which one is better to give?
    2. Actually, I am new in Oracle field and i would like to make my career in oracle but i need advise before that. So please suggest in foreign countries like Canada & USA, which field has better job prospects either DBA or PL/SQL developer?

Regards,
    Vijeta

10. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You're not likely to find a position as a DBA here in the States or Canada without some actual work experience -- level 1 DBAs are usually promoted from the pool of developers in an organization. Thus your best bet for the US and Canada is to go for a PL/SQL developer position. Most companies here (again, that's the US and Canada) look for experienced DBAs; it's the experienced people who change companies and leave holes that need to be filled and an entry-level DBA won't have the necessary experience. Certification is 'nice' but it's not a guarantee of a job as I've interviewed a number of 'certified' DBAs and have found the majority of them lacking in both overall knowledge and experience.

11. Bharat

Hi Vijeta,

please have a glance at the following links.

1Z0-051

1Z0-047

1Z0-047 was an expert level and having more topics to cover when compared to 1Z0-051.

Either DBA or PL/SQL Developer that depends on your interest.