1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ORA-29273: HTTP request failed Error Message

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by hbradshaw, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hbradshaw

hbradshaw Active Member

Hello:

I was wondering if someone can help me out. I'm not quite sure where to post this issue.

This error occurs while trying to print a report in a PDF format using Oracle Application Express. I'm not sure what this means and how to fix it. I'm running Oracle 11g on Windows XP.

Can someone help?

Thank you....

ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1186
    ORA-12570: TNS: packet reader failure

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

3. hbradshaw

hbradshaw Active Member

Hi,

This is the first time I'm attempting to print to a PDF. I did follow configuration according to the Oracle documentation.

I was able to successfully install BI Publisher. In my browser, I type the URL and I am able to login as the Administrator user.

All the necessary user accounts are unlocked.

In APEX, I logged in as ADMIN into apex/apex_admin and went to Instance Settings and did the following:
    - Oracle BI Publisher: Advanced Support
    - Print Server Protocol: HTTP
    - Print Server Host Address: HELEN
    - Print Server Port: 9704
    - Print Server Script: /xmlpserver/convert

In my APEX report, I have the following set for Print Attributes:
    - Enable Report Printing: Yes
    - Link Label: Print
    - Response Header: Report Settings
    - View File As: Attachment
    - Output Format: PDF
    - Report Layout: Default Report Layout
    - Print URL: f?p=&APP_ID.:4:&SESSION.:FLOW_XMLP_OUTPUT_R301336745008961227

Since I'm running 11g, I know that I need to enable Network Services. I ran the following procedure DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN according to all the documentation. I ran the following query to verify that the procedure ran correctly,
    Code (Text):

SELECT * FROM DBA_NETWORK_ACL_PRIVILEGES;

The results of the query are as follows:
    Code (Text):

ACL                             ACLID                                   PRINCIPAL       PRIVILEGE  IS_GRANT  INVERT     START_D   END_DATE
    /sys/acls/power_users.xml   BD019FE78CAE40F3942C6A931378FA40    APEX_030200 connect true    false   (null)  (null)

So, I'm not quite sure what I else I need to do.

Any suggestions?

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

To be honest it's impossible to tell what's wrong exactly, the ORA-12570: TNS: packet reader failure error suggests a connection error to the database server but other than that I can't see any issue from your post. Maybe it's time for an Oracle SR.

5. hbradshaw

hbradshaw Active Member

Thanks for giving it a try. Hopefully someone else can shed some more light.