1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Ora-12801 and Ora-01658 with SYnchronize WF Local tables

Discussion in 'General' started by vamsioracle, Apr 27, 2010.

1. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi,

I ran "synchronize WF Local Tables" concurrent program in Production, which resulted in the following errors,

Ora-12801 and Ora-01658.

The same request went through without failing in Test instance. I googled it and came to know that this is some table space issue.

Could someone throw light on the nature and resolution for the issue.

Vamsi

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

What value were you passing for the parameter Orig System? Is the error coming for any value for this parameter or for one specific value?

3. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

I have passed "ALL".. the error is coming for any value.

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

A parallel query server encountered the ORA-01658 error causing the ORA-12801, so the underlying cause is the source of the ORA-01658. You say you googled for the ORA-01658 error and found that 'this is some table space issue'. The text of the error message pretty much states the problem:

ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace string

and the explanations found on google should have stated how to resolve it. No one here can give a definitive answer to you because the following important informatoin is lacking:

Oracle version in use
    Tablespace information such as whether it's dictioinary managed or locally managed

You have one of three conditions in existence:

1) The tablespace is too small for the operation to succeed
    2) For a dictionary managed tablespace you may be experiencing free space fragmentation and a coalesce needs to be executed
    3) Sufficient space exists overall, but not in a large enough contiguous section to contain the initial extent in question

For conditions 1 and 3 you need to add space to this tablespace as no other actions will correct the problem ( you cannot modify the source code so you cannot change the initial extent size in the create statement ). For 2, perform the coalesce:

alter tablespace <tablespace name> coalesce;

If, after that is done, you still receive the errors you posted then you're stuck with the same task of adding space to the tablespace.

All of this is available from a search on google.com so I wonder why you stopped at 'some table space issue' and did not pursue this further.

5. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi

Because, I am Technical Consultant and thought I would get some important info from experienced DBA s in this forum. Anyway thanks much for the time and resolutions given.

6. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Technical consulants should be able to find such information on google and put it to use, should they not? A search for "ORA-01658" produiced the following results

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ORA-01658&aq=f&aqi=g3g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

and many of these results explain the problem and provide some level of solution for it. Asking for additional information I can understand but your post appears to ask for us to explain this to you and the above results do just that. My question remains: Why did you not pursue this on your own given the wealth of information a google search provides?