1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by prashant, Jun 9, 2011.

1. prashant

prashant Forum Advisor

Oracle Database Version : 10.2.0.4
    Configured as : Oracle Dataguard Solution (with 1 physical standby)
    Platform : SunOS 10.5

Hi All,

Our application faced communication failures a few times in past week. The application logs shows following error:-

"ERR 0 22 23:20:42-635 DbInterface OraDbInterface.C-3122 _checkerr: Error [3113] [Database Error: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel] occured"

1) I checked with the network team and they confirmed there was no network issues during this period. Our application runs on a separate server but is in same network as the Database servers (primary & Standby).

2) There is no error in Alert logs(both primary & standby). The server process was absolutely fine when this error took place.

3) There was no resource limit issue either.

4) I also checked AWR report and there was not much load on the DB server during this time.

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what else i can check and how i can better prepare myself in case i face this issue again.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Prashant

2. karthikeyang84

karthikeyang84 Active Member

Hi Prashant,

Check the Note : ID 17613.1.... Related to your issue... this may resolve.