1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ORA-01555 snapshot too old when querying an active data guard database via dblink

Discussion in 'General' started by Mourad-TTN, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Mourad-TTN

Mourad-TTN Active Member

I am facing a problem in my Active data guard Database for reporting purpose.i am querying an active data guard database via dblink but a get "ORA-01555 snapshot too old".
    both databases versions are 11.2.0.3.0.
    Under investigation, it seems to be a bug.
    Does anyone have a solution, otherwise i'll have to reports on production database :confused:

2. krasnoslobodtsev_si

krasnoslobodtsev_si Forum Genius

For a start check the UNDO_RETENTION parameter and a correctness of its value for yours of real conditions.
    If parameter contains correct value and UNDO of the sufficient size, then you pass to search of problem sql.

3. Mourad-TTN

Mourad-TTN Active Member

Thanks for your quick reply, the UNDO_RETENTION and the UNDO tablespace have the correct values. when i query the production database using a dblink the ORA-01555 is gone. but when is query the standby database (also using a dblink) i face the "snapshot too old".Oracle says its a bug and the database (used to query the stby database) must be upgraded to 11.2.0.3 and i did it but no way the problem persist

4. krasnoslobodtsev_si

krasnoslobodtsev_si Forum Genius

You found or you know this problem sql-query ?
    You can provide this request here?

5. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru