1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

ORA 01013 error on connecting to Oracle database

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by amy85, Feb 18, 2009.

1. amy85

amy85 Active Member

Hi friends. I am using Oracle database 11g on a Windows Vista Laptop (finally managed to get rid of the irritating nmefwmi.exe error. Anyways now i have a small Visual Basic Application that is trying to connect to the Oracle Database, but everytime i get the error:

ORA-01013 - user requested cancel of current operation

I searched a little and found the oracle documentation which says that
    But I didn't cancel!! or interrupt, so why am I getting the ORA-01013 error Is something running on my laptop that is cancelling the query? How do i go about finding the cause?

Thanks guys for your replies

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi Amy, since you are getting the ORA-01013 error it means you VB app is connecting just fine to Oracle, but when the query is run it get's cancelled midway. Now obviously you are not cancelling it so there might be something in your VB code that is causing the cancel.

Secondly and more likely it might just be a timeout. ORA-01013 error is most commonly cause by timeouts for your query so maybe your query is just timing out. Have you yourself written the VB application? If yes, I would suggest trying out the queries directly on the database first in SQL Plus and see what happens. In that way you can isolate the problem.

Also please share the log file when this happens...

3. amy85

amy85 Active Member

tyro, thank u for your reply. I will check out the queries in SQL plus and let u know