1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Opening a work order in the application from .Net

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by Moni, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Moni

Moni Active Member

Hi,

Is there a way to open a work order in the application by passing a work order number from a .Net application? I am assuming that the credentials will have to be passed or alternatively entered when the screen opens. We have a .Net application that is importing EAM work orders and there is a requirement to be able to verify this information by directly opening the work order in Oracle from the application. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
    Moni.
    moni.baruah@isipl.com

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

What do you mean by "open work order in the application"? Do you mean that when a work order is imported in your custom application simultaneously the Work Order form should open in Oracle Apps on the same pc on which the .NET application is running? If this is what you mean, you are in effect asking for an auto login system, and auto form opening system. Obviously, neither of it is simple to implement.

I would instead be interested in why do you have to open the oracle apps application automatically on a pc when you are working with a custom application. If the user is so interested in verifying whether the data imported in the .Net application is correct, he should open the work order form manually. The closest that you can do is perhaps give a link to your EBS application in your .NET application clicking which the EBS login window comes from where the user can take over.

3. Moni

Moni Active Member

Sadik,

Thank you for replying.

Situation : All work orders will be raised and fulfilled in Oracle and will be imported into our custom application. Our application is a product that does Life Cycle Management for assets (earthmoving and mining mainly) and therefore we need to capture the activities performed, actual costs etc from the Oracle work orders. For whatever reason, the user of our application wants to view the same work order in Oracle while having it open in the custom application.

Requirement : The requirement is that we are able to open the work order in Oracle by passing the work order number from our application's work order screen on the click of a button. I understand that the Oracle work order can always be opened by going into the application. To enhance the user experience, we are trying to replace the process of "logging in - going to the WO screen - searching for WO - display the WO" with "logging in - display WO" (HTML or/and Form which ever is easier).

Like you said the solution might not be a simple one and practically may not be worth considering. I will really appreciate if you can please let me know what is involved in order to take an informed decission.

Thanks again
    Moni.