1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Open interfaces for service contracts

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by Bharat, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi ,

What are open interfaces for service contracts. Can I know any service contracts interface tables to do so.

2. Bharat

Hi ,

I have submitted "Service Contracts Import Test Program" by giving old contract number and target contract number. By this record is created in interface tables. But "OKS_LINES_INTERFACE" table doesn't getting any record created. I have tried running "Service Contracts Import" Program its not creating any contract and giving error message like " Please provide details for the corresponding Header Interface ID in the OKS_LINES_INTERFACE table, to import this active contract". So I tried inserting record with header_interface_id in OKS_LINES_INTERFACE table and tried again running "Service Contracts Import" Program but it is not creating any record at front-end. Can anyone please guide me in solving this.

3. Bharat

Hi,

Please anyone guide me on this issue.

Attached Files:

4. Bharat

Hi all,

This issue resolved, I haven't passed bill-to-contact and ship-to-contact information at line level in contracts. So line details are not inserted in interface tables. Now it works fine. Refer to metalink note: - [1057242.1] to study scope and limitations of service contracts import program.

Sadik likes this.
  5. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

Hi Bharat,
    Can you please share the code if possible. It would be of great help.

Regards,
    Jana

6. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Can you please tell me clearly which code you need and what's your actual requirement. By that I can help you in this.

7. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

Hi Bharat,
    I was referring to the Service Contract Open Interface code. I have created a Service Contract from the front end and I extracted the necessary data to populate in the following interface tables.

OKS_HEADERS_INTERFACE
    OKS_LINES_INTERFACE
    OKS_COVERED_LEVELS_INTERFACE
    OKS_USAGE_COUNTERS_INTERFACE
    OKS_SALES_CREDITS_INTERFACE

I didnt populate the notes interface table [OKS_NOTES_INTERFACE] as I dont have notes.

The problem is, only headers got loaded and the line information failed to load when I ran the Service contracts Import program. In validate mode, when I run, its showing 1 under headers, and 0 under lines and covered lines. Its not considering lines at all. For Bill to contact and ship to contact, I am not passing the data, as that was not mentioned in the note: 762545.1

I also had a look at Scopes and Limitation document, which says that the bill to contact and ship to contacts are optional field.

I am wondering why the error report from the validation program didnt have any error messages.

Also I want to know what are all the mandatory fields.

If you can share your code, I thought I will have a look at the fields that are getting passed.

I have attached the data loaded in interface tables in the respective tabs of attached excel. Kindly have a look and advice what I am missing. It will definitely help me.

Regards,
    Jana

Attached Files:

8. Bharat

Hi Jana,

You need to pass Bill to contact and ship to contact while trying to get the sample contracts data from base tables to interface tables using "Service Contracts Import Test" Program. They are mandatory while doing this. If you do this manually by entering the values into interface tables then they are not mandatory.

Look into the below metalink note

9. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Have you gone through limitations on them. Are they working fine?

10. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

Hey Bharat,
    Thanks for coming back. I did go through the documentation. I also passed ship to and bill to contacts. Still its not helping me. Only the headers are gettiing loaded. What will be the issue? I have parallelly raised a SR with Oracle. They are yet to come back. The quicker the solution, the delivery dates can be achieved.

Regards,
    Jana

11. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Can you please attach the document which contains the interface tables data. By that I can confirm why they are not getting loaded. Please tell me exactly all fields in all interface tables what you have provided.

12. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Is your problem solved? If not please post data which contains in interface tables what you have provided to create contracts.

13. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

Sorry Bharat. Was busy working on other issues. Here we go.

I have attached the interface table details [interface.xls]. Only headers and the sales credit information are getting loaded.

I dont have Usage Lines and have only Service lines. So didnt populate OKS_USAGE_COUNTERS_INTERFACE.

Regards,
    Jana

Attached Files:

14. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Here you need to observe is BILLING_INTERVAL_DURATION, BILLING_INTERVAL_PERIOD, RECUR_BILL_OCCURANCES these three fields in line level. You have givne billing_interval_duration as 12 , billing_interval_period as MTH and recur_bill_occurances as 12. This is what you need to check for line level. Here you have given contract as 1 year duration and billing interval as 12 for period of months. You need to give billing_interval_duration as 1, billing _interval_period as MTH and recur_bill_occurances as 12. This means you need to bill the service contract every 1 month for 12 months. Then again when you are trying to do again for same records then check whether status and parent_request_id are null or not, if they are filled with E and some id then clear them and try on that by changing contract_number_modifier to other number.

And update me whether that's working fine or not.

15. Bharat

Hi Jana,

Have you sorted out this issue. Let me know what's the final result whether its working or not.

16. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

Hi Bharat,
    Sorry. Friday and Saturday are weekend here, so couldnt update you immedietly.

I updated lines as follows: BILLING_INTERVAL_DURATION=1 and BILLING_INTERVAL_PERIOD=MTH and RECUR_BILL_OCCURANCES =12

And updated the PARENT_REQUEST_ID and INTERFACE_STATUS to null and modified my CONTRACT_NUMBER and CONTRACT_NUMBER_MODIFIER.

Still the lines are not getting loaded. In Lines, PRICE_UOM ='Mth'. Should that be made to 'MTH' ? I have attached the interface dump to you. Kindly hav a look.

Regards,
    Jana

Attached Files:

17. Bharat

Is there any error message getting displayed for lines. If so then please post that error message.

18. janacallsu

janacallsu Active Member

I am not getting any errors.

I have attached Reports that got generated while running in both modes.
    1) Validation mode and
    2) Import Mode

for your reference.

Regards,
    Jana

Attached Files:

19. Bharat

In Which instance you are trying this one just like test or vision instance.

20. Bharat

Change price_UOM also to MTH and give a try. If its not working then please change all MTH values to MO then give a try. Hope this time you will get what you need. And let me know.