1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Not notifying the destination in the Oracle site studio 10gR4 publishing utility

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by nv0044984, Sep 10, 2009.

1. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

Hi,
    I have a problem. I have installed oracle subscription client. I have installed the oracle site studio publishing utility on the different machine(to be specific, Oracle site studio 10gR4 publishing utility installed onmachine where content server installed).

I am facing a problem while configuring the publishing utility. I am trying to add new destination. it is asking for the destination name, Description, Destination type(I have selected Subsctiption client)
    in the destination push url : http://10.16.21.152:8886 and password is publishadmin

Here it is not asking for user id

After that we have FTP details. I have saved it. But when i try to notify the destination, it is saying Authentication Error

I have my subscription client running on port number :8887 and utility on 8889. I have tested my luck with 8886 as mentioned in the document.

Please find the screeshot for the problem in the attachment.

Any help would be must appriciated.

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre

Attached Files:

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

On the Content Provider screen for Subscription Client, make sure the Subscription Client UUID matches the UUID in the Edit Destination screen in SSPU.

3. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,
    I have done as you said. In the edit destination, I have copied the UUID in the Oracle site publishing utility.

In the Oracle Publishing Client,

In the content provider I have provided, Subscription client UUID. and SSPU URL as http://10.16.21.124:8889 and Password: administrator which password for the Publishing Utility.

Still I am geeting teh same problem..when try to verify the destination, it is shopwing authentication Error. Please help me out to solve this.

Please find the screen shots in attachments.

regards & thanks,

Attached Files:

4. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Did you restart the CS after you made the changes?

5. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,
    I have resolved most of the problems. But when I configure the publishing job in publishing utility for a subscriber, it giving error code: 501 as Subscriber returned ICE error code : 501.

What could be the problem and how to resolve this?

Regards & thanks,

6. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,
    I have resolved this issue. i have found few observations.
    In the client, we have to provide the content provider information as we have given the Subscriptions details in the Publishing utility.

and URL should have port as 8890 not 8889. I think usevally, we will do this error as our servers runs on the port number:8889. Then immeditly, client also identified the publishing utility as Content provider. Now I can see the content on my machine.

Now, I have updated the layout in the Sitedesigner and save it. And i Have publish the site. But I can't see the changes. Any idea on this, please let me know.

Regards & thanks,

Attached Files:

7. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,

I have few queries more.

1. If i have publish the job and if it is completed the job with the errors. Will it try it's luck next time? I could see that no other publishing job is executing? It is true what I am guessing?

2. In a site I have two pages. One is primary page. 2. Secondary Page. If i publish the site, will it publish the entire site along with the Primary and secondary page?

3. I have a job which is completed the job with the Error saying that Job Failed :error retrieving site manifest . How to discart the Failed Job from the Pool.

4. What is the site manifest?

I think i have asked quite a few questions. But those who really worked on UCM for long time might know the answers.

Any help and thought sharing would be appriciated

Regards & thanks,