1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Nice policy on document upload/download feature

Discussion in 'Documents Section Discussions' started by Indra Stp, Jun 6, 2011.

  1. Indra Stp

    Indra Stp Active Member

    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    185
    Location:
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Really aggree with the policy of managing upload and download document. There are plenty of repeaters and empty document that shared just to take advantage.

    Regards to Admin
     
  2. Sadik

    Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

    Messages:
    1,906
    Likes Received:
    252
    Trophy Points:
    1,455
    Thanks so much! :D

    Yes, the Document section was cleaned up this weekend. We deleted hundreds of duplicate, useless and copyrighted documents. We strongly considered making the download option paid. But then I did not want to make sharing knowledge paid. For all the 98% people who just leech, there are 2% people who share things to help others. I don't want to lose those 2% people by making things paid for the other 98%.

    The documents will now be more regularly reviewed and those that do not comply will be deleted.
     
    kiran.marla likes this.
  3. Nidhi25

    Nidhi25 Forum Genius

    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    835
    I earned 1000 points, but still I am unable to download more than 10 docs. Can u please suggest. Document Section FAQ mentions download limit of 20 docs/day with 1000 points.
     
  4. Bharat

    Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

    Messages:
    1,747
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    1,805
    Location:
    Vijayawada, India
  5. Nidhi25

    Nidhi25 Forum Genius

    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    835
    Hi Bharat,

    Thanks for the reply!

    As per document section FAQs, 1000+ points required for (1) advisor level (2) 20 downloads/day

    Can you please let me know, when can this be updated for my account?

    Regards
    Nidhi
     
  6. Nidhi25

    Nidhi25 Forum Genius

    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    835
    even after uploading the doc almost 2 hrs ago, I am unable to download more than 2 docs.
     
  7. Nidhi25

    Nidhi25 Forum Genius

    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    835
    I find thr is some change in policy for badging against points & also on download limits.
    Please update the new policy.