1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

New to HRMS and clueless about where to start

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by girish3110, Mar 2, 2013.

1. girish3110

girish3110 Guest

Hello everyone! I'm totally new to Oracle E-Business Suite and will soon be starting a few months training on the HRMS component before being assigned a role within a project. I would like to get some information concerning the following:
    1. Where can I get a thorough explanation of what is Oracle HRMS, its components, its uses, etc?
    2. Where can I download the User Guide and Technical Guide that would help me in getting a grip of what I would be expecting?
    3. Is there a developer/student version of the HRMS Component only or does it come bundled withing the E-Business Suite?
  2. sivaramakrishna.d

sivaramakrishna.d Active Member

Dear Girish,

HRMS includes Employee information and their payroll and there are some other modules which include iRec(iRecruitment for recruitment process),OLM(Oracle Learning mangement for employee training information),OPM(Oracle Performance management for employee appraisal process) and OTL(Oracle Time & labour for employee time sheet).
    As you r new to HRMS start with Core HR like employee creation etc.
    For user manual you can download from matalink site.

Siva Ram
  3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

There is also the Technical References, the Flexfields Guide and perhaps the most important doc...the Applications Coding Standards. You will need to look into Forms Personalizations as well as using the Custom PLL. It also wouldn't hurt to become familiar with the Applications Technology stack. My Oracle Support (MOS) should be your first reference, the Oracle Forums and the OAUG are also really helpful.
  4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Vijayawada, India