1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

New Member at Club Oracle

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DbaseNoob, May 4, 2011.

1. DbaseNoob

DbaseNoob Active Member

Hi Guys:welcome

I'm new here, Well first of all i have no idea about oracle and also i have no experience to use oracle software's especially databases, i want to learn how to use database dbms, rdbms, basic sql commands and sql programming. but the problems is there is no free oracle products for student's for study and experimenting purposes. so i can't afford to buy there products. I'm hoping that there is someone who could help me to give a oracle databases.

I'm hoping that this Club Oracle will help me to learn oracle databases. and provide a tutorial for beginners like me to study oracle.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Go to www.oracle.com and visit the downloads page; everything there is free for download and use by a single user for educational and single-user development purposes. It has been this way for years.

DbaseNoob likes this.
  3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi, you are welcome here... :)

But David gave you very good advice. To learn oracle, the best way is to practice. So you need to first go to Oracle's website and download the Oracle Database. Then you can install that on your computer, like any other program and begin to play with it. Make sure to read the installation guide provided with Oracle and you can post your doubts / problems here for advice.

Regards

DbaseNoob likes this.
  4. madasameee

madasameee Active Member

There is Oracle 10g Express edition which is of free to install without any license ( which is of cost) required. Yu can Download it from downloads.oracle.com and install it in your PC. while downloading, make sure that you are choosing the appropriate package. After installation is successful, it will guide you to the command line database querying, which is sqlplus. Follow the Installation documentation guide given by oracle. that is most useful than any other documentation.

DbaseNoob likes this.
  5. DbaseNoob

DbaseNoob Active Member

Thank you guys:)

what should i study and where do i focus? so that in future i can apply it on my job

6. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

XE is not the only free offering on www.oracle.com/downloads; any version of the database is free for single-user, development or educational use. There is a 4G database size limit with XE; no such limit exists on Enterprise edition (again, which is free for non-commercial single-user use). You are not restricted to only XE and I would strongly suggest you download a recent release (11.1 or 11.2) Enterprise edition database server and start using it.