1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Need urgent help in Oracle data import and export.

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by nishapd, Oct 28, 2009.

1. nishapd

nishapd Active Member

Can anyone please help me, how can I export data from one database to another database in Oracle?

I have to do the export for data in 3 different schema.
  2. senbm

senbm Guest

You can use exp tool to export the data from one database and imp tool to import the data from the dump file.

To Export the data

exp username/password@connect_string file=file_name.dmp log=explog.log user=specific_user

If you want to find the help for exp tool:

exp help=y

To Import the data to another database use

imp username/password@connect_string file=file_name.dmp log=implog.log fromuserr=source_username touser= dest_username

To get help for imp

imp help=y

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Aurora, CO
    Your method works wonderfully if all databases are of the same release, however if one is moving from a later release to an earlier one that method fails as the dump file generated by a 10.2 database cannot be read by a 9.2 release installation, and likewise if the source database is 11.1 and the destination is 10.2 or earlier. The exp utility for the oldest version of Oracle in use must be used to export data from the newer release database; then the imp utility for the destination database can successfully import the data.
  4. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Go to the bin directory of oracle and you can c exp.exe and imp.exe.
    First u run that exp.exe then execute the instruction given by Zargon & senbm.
    Same way you can do the imp also.
    I hope this will solve your issue.