1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Need UCM API's

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by yaznesh, Sep 23, 2010.

1. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

As per our project requirement i need to know , how to find out UCM document versioinig API Methods ? where it will avilable ? Is it internal to UCM ? or because
    we specifically have to write code for it.

Please provide API/method for water marking & time stamping the document .while checked in the document, the document should be water marked and time stamped.

Above mentioned issues needs to resolve immediatly. any help would be greatly appriciated...

its pretty urgent, thanks in advance
    Regards,
    yt

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I believe revision number update is part of the document check in service calls. You should check out the service definition of check in to see how the revisioning logic is implemented.
    There's a component for watermarking, not sure about the time stamping though.

3. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

can anybody help me below issue...

In UCM, we can check in a primary file and an alternate file. The ContentID for both Primary and alternate file remains the same..

1. Can we checkin multiple Aletrnate files using APIs?

2. UCM doesn’t allow the same file extension for both primary file and alternate file. This is a bottleneck for our current requirement as all our docs will be in pdf format. How can it be achieved?

3. Is there any way where multiple documents can be grouped under one content ID ?

this req is pretty urgent.. we need to know the soluation immediatly.

thnks in advance.

urs,
    yt

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Why do you not ask your client to zip the alternate files and upload the zip file. UCM does not allow for multiple alternate files.

5. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi sadik,

thanks for your quick response.

as per our requirment, I am trying to address the Functionality where there’s a main form(pdf) and there will be multiple documents associated to the main document.

we are working on the migration project, we are trying to match the new structure with the existing implementation.

I would like to maintain only one content ID for the main doc and also its associated documents.

please let me know any alternate approch using api's, as we should not use zip it for multiple docs.

thanks in advance.

ur's,
    yt

6. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

Request your help and advice on the following.

I am writing a java client which connects to UCM through the APIs provided. But currently from java client i am not able to fetch / insert content through content folio feature provided by UCM.

Do provide information on the API to be used to use the Content Folio feature of UCM as i tried searching the documentation for the same in vain.

thanks in advance
    YT

7. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

i am presently doning mutilple files checkin to oracle UCM,

i am presently checked in 100 files in UCM using java api (provided in loop condition)

after executed the checkin page, it was able to checked in to UCM. but many files being indexed.

so, after checkedin the documents inside UCM, i wanted to view the all the documents immediatly. all the documents should publish/relase immediatly after checkedin done.

here i need to know how to stop the indexing in ucm after checking the documents.

how to disable the indexer, if i disable the indexer when documents being indexed is there impact will be happend to content server ?

how to save the time for avoiding indexing the all the documents.

please help me out.

ur's
    yt